Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My Internet is down for a couple days

While waiting for Verizon to make FIOS available in my neighborhood (cables are already installed), I decided to order cable because the signals have been flakey lately using my HD over the air antenna. So I had Comcast come install a couple cable cards in each of my TiVo HD boxes.

You would think that the cable installers would come prepared and already have been trained. The cable installer informed me that he had never installed CableCard decoders into TiVo HD boxes before. He seemed pretty new. Long story short... he left without activating the CableCards and also knocked out my Internet, which was working prior to his visit.

After three long phone calls last night to Comcast, they scheduled a technician to come out on Wednesday morning.

I am keeping track of my daily Wii Fit activity and weigh-ins and will add them here once everything is working again.

2 comments:

  1. On behalf of Comcast, I apologize for the experience.

    I would like to make sure this is taken care of for you. Will you please let me know the phone number on the account? This information will help me look into your account to better understand the incident.

    Thanks for sharing the post. I appreciate the opportunity to assist!

    Mark Casem
    Comcast Corp.
    We_Can_help@cable.comcast.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark,

    I do appreciate, and am happily surprised, to hear from you here. I took some time off of work for another (senior) tech to come out, but they were unable to get my cable working. They spoke with someone at Comcast and insisted that it be escalated and asked me to call again that afternoon. I confirmed with the tech that notes would be added to my account so that I didn't have to explain the whole thing when I called in.

    Sure enough, when I called in there were no notes and they had no idea what I was talking about and they were going to schedule another tech to come out. I wasn't surprised that there were no notes because there were also no notes made on my account for my three phone calls and the tech visit prior to today either. I asked them to research this internally and find out from the tech what was discussed. They said that their supervisor has started an internal email thread and they assured me that someone will contact me tomorrow by around lunch time.

    I have no faith that this will happen and I fully expect to be let down and frustrated and spend another hour on the phone tomorrow evening when I haven't heard from anyone.

    What's so hard to train the staff to install CableCard's in the two models of TiVo boxes?

    Nobody wants to read about this on an exercise blog, so I'll be posting my entire Comcast experience on my main personal blog: http://slingload.blogspot.com

    If you want to look up my account, I am sure that I'm the only Mike Zupan in Manassas, VA. Otherwise, I'll send you an email if I don't hear from someone tomorrow. Once again, I appreciate your reaching out to help.

    ReplyDelete